I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Thrift store fashion finds 1.16.15, 1.17.15 and boots too!

I began the new year with several fashion finds at The Foundry yesterday. My goal was to spend $20 on clothes and to look at a TV. Well, I managed to do both for only $45.56.

I bought...
2 Dresses
2 Purses
2 Tops
1 Jacket
1 Toshiba TV (and it was on sale for $17.99)

Two of my items were 25% off, so I was very happy.

Worthington Knit Jacket - $5.24

Georgio Fiorline Tank - $2.24


Merona Print Dress - $4.99

Travel Smith Dress w/Roll Sleeve - $4.99


Liz Claiborne Knit Top - $1.99


Black Patent Purse - $1.99, Gold Metallic Purse - $1.99
 
Today, I made the awesome mistake in returning back to The Foundry to look for a brown thin belt. I didn't find it - but I stumbled across a pair of shoes, a sweater, several pieces of jewelry, and an unusual camouflage belt for an additional $25.00 - but no regrets.

L-R: Belt (.79), Ring ($4.99), Choker ($2.99), Necklace (.99), Charming Charlie Necklace/Earring Set (New - $2.99), Croft & Barrow Wool Sweater ($4.99), Reaction by Kenneth Cole Sneaker Wedge ($4.99)
 

Last week, I received a catalog from a company (I've never heard of) that sells strange clothing and goods. The plan was to look through the catalog and throw it away. Unfortunately, I found a pair of boots that caught my attention. They were odd (and I love odd), and I had to have them.  So I ordered the boots, and they arrived this morning. When I tried them on, they made my size nine look petite and my leg didn't look bulky with those operational pockets on the sides...so adorable!

Stay tuned for atleast three Outfits of the week featuring these boots - two of which, includes the dresses pictured above.

They were $99.95 - a great price for such an unusual boot!

I think I've bought enough to last me a couple months until I start looking for summer sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment