I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

My Favorite Fall Accessory – Getting a leg up

Image result for legs in tights
Its late November and finally the fall chill has arrived. Coats, scarves, hats, gloves and boots are major clothing staples during the cold months. I’m a huge fan of all of those I’ve just mentioned (especially scarves), but my favorite fall accessory or all time are opaque tights. I buy a couple pairs every fall season.

The benefits of wearing tights – you ask??? 

  • You can wear them with heels, flats and boots.
  • They hide un-shaved and other leg imperfections (bruises, scars) that sheer hosiery do not.
  • You don’t have to worry about having runs in tights like you do with sheer hosiery.
  • They keep your legs warm. You can now buy fleece-lined tights!
  • You can turn a dress or skirt that’s typically more “dressy” into a contemporary, work-appropriate outfit with the addition of tights and a nice bootie (I’m referring to the shoe boot).
  • Finally, tights make your legs look long – especially if you have a matching or coordinating shoe.

I stick to the basic colors - black, navy, brown and gray, but black is my favorite.  I have a multitude of black tights with various intricate details and opacity, along with one or two pairs of the other colors. I would love to wear hot pink, red plaid, or lime green tights – but really - I’m over 45 years-old!!!


So get a fashion leg-up and wear some opaque tights.

2 comments:

  1. I have some fuschia tights. . I have gone tights crazy this year. .I have fishnet and I also have footless tights in the colors grey and black. I have a problem!! Lol @ your comment about the shoe boot when referring to booties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You can never have too many pairs of hosiery!

    ReplyDelete