I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Pajama Game

I always think that how a person present themselves visually can give insight into their lives. If you see someone who always dress in designer clothes and drive an expensive car - but you know they probably make a little over $30k per year, you sorta know that they are looking for attention and perhaps some awe from others. Meanwhile they are suffering from mounting debt - just to make a statement, or keep up with the Joneses.

Well, I don't drive an expensive car, but do have a passion for fashion - the thrift and clearance rack version. But I'm a single woman who do not have to look elegant for bedtime - or do I? I'm glad to say that I've evolved from wearing sweatpants, an oversized tee and thick socks to bed - but my nighttime fashion is still in need of an upgrade.

I own satin pajamas and one beautiful chemise gown - but it's not as breathable and comfortable as my over-washed, mildly shrunken "Hello Kitty" PJs, with my thick socks.  So am I properly representing myself at bedtime? I'm sure if I was married, I wouldn't wear what I do to bed. Perhaps I should dress confident and sexy at bedtime as I do during the daytime hours. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment