I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, March 6, 2016

I Found a Goldmine!

Last night I had to find pieces to donate because earlier in the day I went to Lovelady Thrift store for their 50% off sale. I wanted to look - but not buy anything. Unfortunately/Fortunately - I found some great pieces.

For $58.16, I bought...

1 Pair of pants
1 Shirt
1 Denim Culotte
2 Jackets
2 Skirts
2 Tops
2 Pairs of jeans
4 Sweaters

Also included in that price was a phone/MP3 docking station alarm clock and 2 bike helmets (had a couple of close tornadoes recently and was advised to buy helmets to protect our heads from possible falling debris).


This is actually an outfit. These Gloria Vanderbilt jeans still had the tags. The sweater is Talbots.

The black denim jacket still had the tags on them. The cowl sweater looks much better on than in the picture.

The v-neck knit pull-over sweater (L) and the Forever 21 red skirt will be an outfit.

The culottes will look so cute with some wedge boots - very 70s!

The oatmeal colored sweater is from the Gap. I can see myself wearing it with the black jeans I bought.



No comments:

Post a Comment