I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

What a "Bloganista" experience!

Yesterday I attended "The Bloganista Mini-Con" hosted by see jane write Birmingham at the Homewood (Alabama) Public Library. The conference was targeted to people who are - or aspire to be fashion, fitness and lifestyle bloggers. There were about fifty attendees, and I met several who were either new to blogging (as I am), or haven't begun to launch a blog.

We were served light refreshments, and there was a raffle for various prizes to attendees who entered their business cards in a glass bowl at the registration desk. Unfortunately, I didn't have business cards (although ordering them were on my "to do" list). So I took a blank piece of paper and wrote my name, cell number, and the blog name/web address on it, then tore it to the size of a business card. And guess what?? I won a spa experience! I never win anything - but I'm going to use it this week. Also, attendees who registered early for the conference were surprised to find a gift card to a local restaurant inside their name tag holders (I plan use mine on spa day).

The morning keynote speaker (local blogger) Alexis Barton, and a panel of more local bloggers provided information that was so inspirational and educating (my conference agenda was covered with handwritten notes and ideas), that I only stayed until lunch. I was really anxious to get home to work on this blog and order business cards (which will arrive next week).

Although I missed the second half of the conference (Beyond the Blog panel, a "Cake Break" eating petit-fours/networking, and a Closing keynote speaker), what I learned (and won) was well worth the money.

Thanks see jane write and its founder Mrs. Javacia Harris Bowser!

see jane write founder Javacia Harris Bowser

I met so many friendly people...really needed business cards.

Morning keynote speaker Alexis Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment