I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Outfit of the week 7.27.14

This is one of my favorites! This sky blue and taupe herringbone A-line skirt is an Ann Taylor. When I bought it from The Foundry, it still had the A.T. tag on it ($86.00) - but I paid $7.98.

The Bice by Sag Harbor sweater set was sold as separate pieces that I found in two different areas of the store. I paid $3.49 for each at Lovelady during a half price sale (original thrift store price - $6.98 each) - It was a great find!

The shoes are Joan & David Couture. The original Lovelady price was $7.98 - but I only paid $3.99 for them at the same half price sale I bought the sweater set - and those shoes looked barely worn! I do wonder the original retail price...perhaps $200 - $350 since they are the Couture line???

A designer outfit for under $20 that would retail for hundreds!


No comments:

Post a Comment