I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Outfit of the week 8.3.14

This week's outfit is not entirely a thrift store purchase - but nevertheless one that wasn't expensive.

The blouse is Ann Taylor Loft and was given to me by my cousin who was cleaning out her closet. I love the front ruffle!

The pants have a sailor look with the three buttons on each side and cuffed bell bottoms. When I saw these pants at The Foundry I was impressed by the material and the tailoring. I never heard of Larry Levine - but had a feeling that it was a high-end designer. I also noticed that several of the buttons were missing, but that didn't stop me from buying it. So I paid around $4.95 and removed one of the remaining buttons, went to Walmart and bought 6 similar buttons for $2.00, then replaced them all.

I later Googled Larry Levine and found out I was correct - he is high-end and his clothing can only be found at Nordstroms, Macy's and Lord & Taylor's.

The tote bag was purchased at Lovelady's for $6.95 and it still had the tag on it. The shoes have been in my closet for years but were perfect for this outfit - especially since the pants are a bit long and a high heel was needed.

Light jewelry is needed for this outfit. The blouse says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment