I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Confessions...Women with Control and more

Recently I made a confession about my QVC program obsession and how I made a couple of purchases. I promised an update - so here it is...

The Women with Control pants was a nice fit! I look nice from behind and just okay in front. They are very casual pants (straight leg and boot cut pair) - so I see myself wearing them on the weekends with long tunics and t-shirts.

$49.86 is a great value for two pairs of pants!

It was love a t first sight with the Women with Control skirts! It has a control panel in the tummy area and great stretch. I love the shape they gave me and again -  I look nice from the rear - but better than okay in the front.

Looks so much better in person!
I wore this outfit to work last week and received rave reviews for the leopard/orange combo. Tie-front/button blouse: Liz Claiborne, Kitten-heel shoes: Chinese Laundry ($40), Tote: Free gift with fragrance purchase from HSN.

Nice mustard color...I have some great outfit ideas for fall.

I also made a catalog purchase last week. I've never heard of K. Jordan, but a catalog came to my house two weeks ago. As always, I look through them for styling ideas and then throw them away. Unfortunately for my pocketbook, two items caught my attention and they were at clearance prices (nearly 70% off + that darn shipping and handling). They arrived yesterday before I went to Lovelady - so it was fashionably delightful day!

Paid $11.99 - originally priced $34.95

Paid $29.99 - originally priced $74.95. 

Potential outfit with my Women with Control skirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment