I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Thrift Store Fashion Finds 8.16.14 - Not an easy one

Groupon was selling $40 vouchers at $20 for Lovelady. So being the one who loves a deal - and it was payday - I bought two vouchers. I decided to use one this weekend and the other one in a month or two.

So yesterday I went to Lovelady with the mind-set that I will probably find alot of stuff and will have to make some hard purchasing decisions with this $40 voucher. I walked in Lovelady and I went against my own rule and got a shopping cart - but I only got it because is was a mini shopping cart (because it would probably hold the same amount as my arms). After being there for over two hours, I found only a few things that appealed to my extra-fashion sensor. I even put several pieces in the cart that I marginally liked - but my goal was to spend this $40 voucher (I drove through highway construction at 10 mph to get there - so I was going to leave with something). After trying on the clothing - I only liked or fitted into about half - and that half added up to around $30. So I decided to take one last walk around for something - anything that would add up to the last $10 - then I found them - the pair of Aerosoles boots for $9.98. They were probably worn once - how lucky for me they were in my size. I tried them on and then headed straight to check-out. The total was less than $40 - I was so tired, I told the cashier - that I wasn't going to look for a $2 item - so technically I gave away $1+ (since Lovelady doesn't add taxes to purchases).

Here's what I bought...

Skirt: A.B.S. By Allen Schwartz ($3.98), Top: Liz Claiborne ($4.98), Boots: Aerosoles ($9.98)

Green top: QVC's Susan Graver ($2.98), Shirt: Cato ($3.48), Scarf/Tie (.99). 

Sweater set: Jones New York Collection was sold together for $3.98 

3/4 sleeve jacket: Christopher & Banks ($4.98),  3/4 sleeve sweater: Art & Soul ($3.48)

No comments:

Post a Comment