I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Outfit of the Week 8.17.14

This is my favorite outfit, so I've only worn it three times (don't want to over wear it). This entire outfit is from The Foundry (except the flower pin). I bought all the pieces at the same time - but didn't realize how together it created such a cute ensemble until I was shopping my closet.

The pants -Liz Claiborne, Tank - Calvin Klein, Navy blue 3/4 sleeve Sweater - Investments (a non-designer line mostly found at Dillard's), and the shoes are Madden Girl. The black flower pin is from Avon. This outfit would easily retail for over $200 - thrifted for less than $40! (I paid less than $10 for each piece.)

The shoes may look kinda old-lady, but with the right pieces, it's a really nice shoe. I don't see myself wearing them with a skirt - just really nice pants.


I wear this outfit with my large black leather ruffle/flower purse...Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment