I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Outfit of the week 11.30.14

This week's outfit is high-end, low-end, thrift store and a bit of illusion...

My taupe corduroy button-front dress is a 2013 thrift store find, and the "shootie" is from Payless Shoes.

The Dooney & Bourke purse is authentic - but I didn't buy it - I earned it! It was my award pick for 15 years of service at my place of employment (and that was three years ago).

The illusion part of this outfit is the turtle neck under the dress...it's actually a dickie (something you don't hear people wearing often). Wearing a dickie provides a layered look without the bulk. I own another one that resembles a white button-down shirt. It works well with V-neck sweaters (again without the bulk).

A turtle neck (real or fake) paired with the black tights under this dress is a chic fall look.

No comments:

Post a Comment