I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Outfit of the week 11.9.14

This week's outfit is my version of a picture I found in the September 2014 edition of Essence magazine.

It was this picture that started my search for a red and black coat.

None of the pieces are thrift store finds - but nevertheless a reasonably priced ensemble.



ABS Coat (Groupon), Black A-line Dress (QVC), Christian Siriano Boots (Payless Shoes), & Black Tights (Walmart)


The A-line dress was a great QVC purchase - it was a two-fer on clearance. I bought them back in the Spring while in desperate need of a LBD (Little black Dress). To get two dresses for the price normally paid for one was incredible!

For $29.96 I got both EffortlessStyle by Citiknits dresses from QVC. Next week's outfit will feature the print dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment