I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Thrift Store finds 7.25.15

Yesterday  I decided to take some me time and enjoy the summer sun. So how do I enjoy myself? I go to my favorite Asian restaurant and get some thrift store therapy.

So with Mission Possible coupons and the hope of finding some casual pants. Unfortunately, my body is going through a metamorphosis and I need to accommodate my ample abdominal area. (ugh!) Also, I'm taking two out-of-state trips soon and wanted to have some non-work casual options.

I went to two Mission Possible locations, Lovelady and the Foundry on the hunt for those bottoms that fit and I feel confident in wearing.

My entire shopping spree was $46.77 and it was a name-brand bonanza...I bought the following:

1 Gap Button-down Shirt
1 Coldwater Creek Crochet Sweater
1 White Stag T-shirt
1 Merona Denim-colored Cargo Short
1 Pair of Bandolini Blu Jeans
1 Pair of Gold Earrings
2 Pair of Shoes (Apostrophe booties and Groove flats)
4 Pair of Pants (LEI, Gap, Sonoma, Axcess by Liz Claiborne)

I have too many fashion obsessions (argyle sweaters, Liz Claiborne, camouflage, and booties). I couldn't resist those booties - the heel profile is so cute! 

I love that crochet red sweater and the shoes are adorable! And with camouflage all the rage - I'll keep an eye out for a reasonably priced blazer. 

I managed to make outfits with just the pieces I bought. I didn't know I was doing that at the time - but hoo-ray for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment