I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Thrift Store Fashion Find 7.3.15

Lovelady thrift store had a re-opening sale. Actually, they never closed, but did some redecorating and had a three day sale that began Thursday, July 2nd through July 4th.  Thursday and Friday's sale was 30% off everything in the store and Saturday was 50% off. Me and the girls met for lunch on Friday and began shopping. Since I was low on cash and was only searching for one particular item (a navy blue dress), I stated that we only go to Mission Possible which shared the same parking lot as the restaurant and Lovelady.

I walked in Mission Possible and I found the blue dress. It was Old Navy and was for $6.99. I also found a Cato "flip-flop" dress (I took the term from the EVINE home-shopping network) for $6.99 too. So with my 20% off purchase coupon my total was $11.18.

This was the perfect navy dress! The "flip-flop" dress is typically not my style, but I really like it and willing to step out the box.


When we got to Lovelady, I saw several pieces that I liked (including a computer mouse new in the box for $3.49), but knew that I could only spend so much. After spending four hours there - I emerged only spending $17.72 (including the mouse)...

The picture doesn't justify this green boucle' skirt. It had gold thread in it.

The two tanks will come in handy this season. The grey and black plaid jacket is Cato. I bought the pink linen pants to go with the the jacket.
While waiting for my friends as they checked-out, I found a 15-pack of blank CDs and paid an additional $2.21. So in total I spent $31.11 - that's great shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment