I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Don't we all have one???

Skulls! I love skulls! I own an eternity scarf with skulls, a skull clutch purse, and as of today two pairs of skull earrings...and finally - I was born with one.

Many have and would assume that a person wearing skull accessories or a tattoo is someone evil or who has satanic beliefs - but that's not always true. There may be those who possess such a belief and use the skull as a symbol of that type of worship. Then there's people who don't see that way at all - but as a symbol of life or like me - simply see it as a cool fashion accessory (fashion designers Alexander McQueen and Betsy Johnson have set a trend with skulls in their fashion and jewelry designs).

During Celtic times the skull represented time, power, divinity, gateway, initiation and creation and often represents the House of the Soul.

For many Christians (like me), it means life and to "seize the moment" and live life merry for tomorrow is not promised.

I'm considering a skull tattoo for my next birthday. Although it will be located that can only be seen if I'm in a swimsuit or my underwear - but it will stand as a symbol of mortality and treat the day as if it was my last (with love and mercy).


Bought this pair today.

Love this purse. Don't have to wear a ring on one hand!

Next purchase - a skull necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment