I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Payless Shoes BOGO - I have no control


Earlier this week, I received some unexpected money (a whole $86.00) and decided to give a small portion to charity, and look for the strappy black sandal that I've been looking for since May.

Since my favorite shoe store Payless was wrapping up it's Buy One Get One 50% off this weekend, I decided to look at their website first to see if there were anything that I liked - and I did. I found the black version of a sandal I bought a couple months ago and it was on clearance for $15. Also, I saw this retro Chuck Taylor looking sneaker that were had a hot pink lace overlay for $10.00 (I really didn't need the sneakers - but they were so cute!). With the BOGO, the sneaker would be $5.00. Once I located both shoes in my size at the same location I jumped in the car and to Payless I went!

I walked in the store and noticed alot of clearance and sale-priced shoes from $10.00 up. And out of pure curiosity I tried on this black wedge sandal that reminded me of my tan wedge that I had to throw away recently. Hoping that it would look bad on me...it didn't and it was sale...and BOGO...what was I to do but say to myself that it was better to have two pairs of black sandals. So what would be my BOGO with this pair? I searched for something priced $10.00 so I could pay $5.00 and feel good - but I didn't. Instead I saw this cute pair of stretch ballerinas that had a navy blue toe and trim and I was instantly sold. I don't own any shoes with blue in them and I already pictured me wearing them with my denim-colored slim skirt and my kelly green skirt. As much as I needed to return them back on the shelf - I didn't.

But I now have no regrets since I've created a couple outfits to go with each pair of shoes. And with my 10% AAA discount I only paid $49.48 for four pair of shoes (and saved $50.00).


Women's Pina High-Wedge Sling, Tumbled Black, hi-res
BOGO $9.99 (Clearance priced $20.00, Original Price $39.99)

Women's Claire Scrunch Flat, Navy/Orange Floral, hi-res
Sale Price $19.99 (Original Price $29.99)

Women's Perla Heel, Black, hi-res
Clearance Price $15.00. I bought the nude version of this shoe a couple months ago.

Women's Retro Oxford, Pink Crochet, hi-res
BOGO $5.00 (Original Price $10.00)

2 comments:

  1. I like the top sandals. . . I hate that I didn't get to go bargain shopping with you! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for a bargain - especially when coupons are involved.

    ReplyDelete