I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Thrift Store Finds and New Friends (Oh My!)

Saturday (6.6.15) was another 50% off sale at Lovelady. As usual, my friend Mia and I planned to make it a day of thrift store shopping. While at Lovelady, we met two ladies who made an hour drive to Birmingham for the sale - and instantly, we hit it off! We ate lunch and traveled to several local thrift stores. It turned out that we had many things in common, and now we have great new friends and thrift shopping buddies.

Since we went to several stores, of course, I made numerous purchases. Fortunately for me, I only spent $44.97 in total! Also, it didn't hurt that I had (and shared) coupons for Mission Possible stores and it seemed as if all the thrift stores had a sale. I purposely refrained from going to The Foundry because I didn't want to bust my $50 shopping budget.

So for $44.97, I bought the following...

1 Pair of PJs (forgot to take a picture - but white flannel with blue floral, and like new)
1 Wrap Dress
2 Pairs of Shoes
2 Tops
2 Skirts
2 Pairs of Pants (forgot to take a picture of the Alfani navy pant)
3 Sweaters
3 Jackets

The belt and the sleeves made this boyfriend sweater unique.

The striped shirt is NY and Co., and the grey knit shirt is Ann Taylor Loft.

Adore this striped jacket! The Chico's brand crop pant still had the tags on. This Sarah Spenser cascading two-tone sweater will be a great staple piece. 

This picture doesn't do either of these skirts justice. The skirt to the left is Cato, and on the right is another Ann Taylor Loft piece. The red shoe to the left is Liz Claiborne and the brown suede pump is Aerosoles.

The shrug is Liz Claiborne and the wrap dress is vintage - so here I go channeling Ms. (Diana) Ross again!

The white jacket is (faux) leather,  Mossimo  and machine washable. The jacket on the right is Liz Claiborne again. I think I have Liz Claiborne and Ann Taylor radar when I shop at the thrift stores (and Mia noticed that too along with my argyle sweater obsession).


No comments:

Post a Comment