I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, December 6, 2015

I think I started a(nother) trend???


I’m always trying to work some sort of physical activity into my work day such as taking the stairs in the parking deck and inside the building, taking a brisk walk at lunch – or just taking an (non-smoking) smoke break to get some fresh air. But now I see many ladies at my job doing the following – changing from their driving shoes to their work heels.


Image result for business woman in sneakersNow by no means did I discover this technique, but many have seen me outside my car, or at my desk changing to and from a heel to an old pair of black ballerina flats from Walmart. I call it my “Mr. Rogers” moment (“won’t you be my neighbor”).

When someone says that they notice me doing that – I always respond that I do this to save the heel of my right shoe from being scuffed when I drive (so the back of the right shoe looks like the left one).  If you look at the heels a pair of shoes that you normally wear while driving. You will notice that back the right shoe is scuffed and usually the heel is worn out from digging the heel into the floor while accelerating - while the left one looks fairly new (it’s as if someone had switched one shoe).
Now I spot women I work with leaning on their cars changing shoes in the parking deck before walking in the workplace. I just smile and assume that I was the change-agent for yet another workplace trend.


Oh yeah, the other work trend I think I started – I stand when I eat my lunch. Perhaps I’ll explain that one later.

2 comments: