I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Gotta Love Camo! (The other neutral)

Let's face it, I have a fascination with several fashion styles and accessories (although a friend or two may say obsession). But the one fascination that very few of my friends know about is my love of camouflage.

When I go thrift shopping I love to look for camo. Right now I'm looking to stumble upon a camo eternity scarf, trouser socks, and a blazer (or jacket that I can wear like a blazer) for the right price.

Why do I like camo you might ask? Because in my opinion camouflage is a neutral color. I can wear it with black, deep yellow, navy, red, brown, etc. Also if our military can wear it with pride - so can I (as a proud American)! I don't have a large selection of camo pieces, but I have a great start - so my hunt for more continues...

I wear the tops to work from time-to-time, but now that we can wear jeans to work on Friday - the pants with a denim jacket or cardigan with a cute 2 1/2 - 3 inch heel will be among my work wear staples.

I haven't worn this outfit yet, but waiting for the perfect opportunity. I bought this dress online for $2.99 clearance. Can't wear this dress without my black tights :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment