I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Happy 2016!

I must say that 2015 was a bit bleak at the beginning, but became absolutely fabulous after the month of April with travel, new friends, new home, and a new laptop (which I had to buy Christmas Eve because my old one died).

There's one really bad thing that occurred the entire 2015 year - WEIGHT GAIN and I'm still battling it in 2016! Of course, I had fun eating the holiday cookies and cakes and eating out during my travels. The end result wrecked havoc on my figure and my wallet.

Today - which may change by the end of the week - I refuse to purchase bigger clothes (thrift store or retail) to accommodate the more-pronounced bulge (I have a severe case of Dunlap Syndrome - where my belly dun-lapped over my waistband). I've decided to dress where other areas of my body can be accentuated.

For instance, Fridays are jeans day at my job. I decided to wear jeans with a tee with my alma mater (FIT - Fashion Institute of Technology), a navy blazer and boots for a hip Friday look. When I put the ensemble on, I noticed that my chest and belly meshed into a series of lumps. With no time to find an alternate, I decided to make the difference by changing bras. I exchanged my "Genie Bra" for a push-up one which accentuated my bust and minimized my abdominal area. Of course, every time I left my desk, I made sure I stood straight and held in my stomach.

The FIT Tigers are the same colors as Auburn - had to correct a lot of people at work,

So always remember, Clothes may make the man - but the right undergarments make the woman look good.




No comments:

Post a Comment