I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Oh What a Find!

Saturday was a beautiful sunny winter day and I felt the need to get out. So I went to The Foundry and Mission Possible.

I went into The Foundry and it felt like just seeing a long-lost friend. It was the first time there since I moved in September. The Foundry was around the corner from my former residence, so it was very convenient. Now it's an extra few minutes drive. But when I walked in, I noticed a lot of great furniture, but no clothing. I didn't even see anything to try on just for fun! So I left after walking around 30 minutes and proceeded to Mission Possible.

Then I arrived at Mission Possible. It took a few minutes of walking around, but I did find some greats items. For $39.11 (with my 20% off coupon from the Yellow Pages) I bought the following...

1 Jones New York Dress
1 Eileen Fisher Top
1 Scarf
2 Jackets (Danskin, Chicos)
3 Pairs of shoes (Enzo Angiolini, Grasshoppers, Street Feet)

Picture the blue tee, green jacket and green loafers with a pair of jeans or denim skirt.

That Jones New York dress is gorgeous! I had to buy it when it looked good on me in my "bad" non-dress underwear.

I own a scarf like this in a different color. Scarves are a fashion staple for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment