I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Ode to a pair of boots



Ode to a pair of boots

By AVM

The bottom of these boots, they tell you where I've been.
They long for places where I have no roots.
The inside is filled with things I'll never say again.

These boots can feel heavier with all the things I never do.
It's just easier to wear heavy boots when my sky isn't so clear blue.

Should they be thrown out?
No!

Is my closet ashamed of what it holds?
No, because survivors reside there.
Like I, they too have a past and are daring and bold.

So I rejoice in God's mercy and true self-acceptance.
It's that which allows me to enjoy the scenery when I'm on a detour.
And when the mood is right - dance.

So I keep walking in these boots...


No comments:

Post a Comment