I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Outfit of the Week 9.1.14

I bought this Suzie in the City dress from the Foundry on Friday for $2.99. Typically a dress like this is not my cup of tea (I instantly thought of the Pointer Sisters back in the '70s when they were wearing the retro 1940s look), but when I tried it on - it really looked nice. So I decided to mix retro with a little mod for a Fall transition look by pairing shooties (shoe + boot) and grey opaque tights.

Fall Transition: Purse - Stein Mart, Shootie - Payless, Necklace, Bracelet and Earrings - Avon 
Still Warm Weather Look:  Different shoes without tights, but the same jewelry from the Fall Transition look. Shoes - Sam & Libby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment