I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Thrift store fashion find 9.6.14

Yesterday I showed a friend how I shop at thrift stores. Typically, I only go to one store - but my friend wanted to cover practically all the thrift stores in Birmingham so we went to five - plus an outlet mall. We started at 10 am at Lovelady, and luckily I had one $40 for $20 Groupon voucher - so that's where I bought the most items and only went over by $3.00 (even bought two jackets for my son). I managed to purchase one item from Mission Possible and Salvation Army, nothing from Goodwill, (had lunch) and made the last stop The Foundry where I bought three items. My friend only found a couple items at Lovelady and The Foundry - but I was very surprised of her stamina...I got home at 8 pm.

Here's my haul from the marathon thrift-shop-a-thon...

1 Fall Coat
1 Necklace
1 Pair Crop Pants
1 Top (sleeveless)
2 Purses
2 Jackets for my son (one leather)
5 Pairs of Shoes


Bought at Lovelady for my son. (L-R) Outeredge Black "Pleather" Jacket $7.98. Adidas Hooded Jacket $4.98

I needed a silver statement necklace, but I thought this lucite necklace from Mission Possible was $3.49 (discounted price). 


I was so glad to find this Avenue 5th car coat at Lovelady for $5.98. Style & Co. Silver Metallic Top $1.49 (discounted price). Lauren by Ralph Lauren Red Crop Pants $5.98 at Lovelady.

L-R: Emillie M. Black Tote $3.98 (Lovelady). Markon Maroon Loafer $3.99 (Salvation Army). Bueno Metallic "Circles" Purse $3.48 (Lovelady). Bottom L-R: Highlights Beige Fabric & Croco Pump $5.98 (Lovelady). Apostrophe Dark Green Patent Pump $1.49 (Discount Price/The Foundry). Nine West Taupe Square-toe/Heel $3.74 (Discount Price/The Foundry). Newport News Brown Suede Peep-toe Sandal $6.98 (Lovelady).


I will end this post by saying I did buy a couple $2.00 clearance items and a card of 6-pair earrings from the outlet mall.    




No comments:

Post a Comment