I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Columbus Day Fashion Find 10.11.14

Columbus Day was a day off for me, so I decided to take the short trip to The Foundry to look for the one fashion item that seemed to be the hardest to find - a red skirt. I gave myself a limited amount of time and money with the sole purpose of finding this red skirt.

When I arrived, there was a table of designer shoes at the entrance and behold were a pair of COOGI boots that were worn probably once  - so I grabbed those quickly and went to accessories and found a stretch belt, There were two cardigans one red and the other black and white (which I forgot to include in the picture) and hoo-ray! - that illusive red skirt.

While I was at the checkout there was this brown and green choker (I love wearing chokers) in the jewelry case, so I picked that up too, and in total spent under $35.

I found all of this in under an hour - what a quick shopping spree!

COOGI Boots $9.99, Red Skirt $4.99, Choker $$.99, Stretch Belt $.079, Red and Black & White Cardigans (not pictured) $4.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment