I go to local thrift stores (primarily non-profit) and usually bring home a large quantity of department store and designer clothing and shoes by spending only $30-$45 and a few hours looking for fashion items to be worn with my existing wardrobe.


The goal is to is to inform women of the fashion affordability of shopping at thrift stores, the benefit of donating, and how these organizations help disadvantaged, recovering and abused men, women and children.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Payless (For Real)

I have an obsession with ankle boots and "shooties". So when a 15% off coupon arrived in the mail from Payless Shoes I immediately went to their website to see what's on sale. I originally thought about just buying a pair of tights with the coupon, but I looked at the shoes too.

I ran across these boots that called my name and they were on sale. The were by Project Runway Season One winner Christian Siriano and had a "funky" look - just like I like them! They were regularly $59.99 but on sale for $34.99.



Then I looked at the hosiery and found this burn-out style pair of tights that were just as "funky" as the boots...SOLD!



It was great that both items were at the same store - unfortunately they were at only one Payless Shoes location in the metro area (I know of atleast 8 stores around town) - of course - I made the Sunday afternoon trip to the store and bought them both.

So the boots at $34.99 + the tights at $9.99 - (minus) the 15% coupon AND an additional 10% with my AAA membership card (AAA membership provides lots of retail discounts) totaled $38.43 It was like I got the tights for free - Great deal!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to find out about that triple a discount. You are so resourceful!! I like the boots and cheetah print hoisery!!

    ReplyDelete